If you’re a parent with kids off at College for the first time Holiday shopping might be a little different this year. Remember this could be the first time your son or daughter is away from home for an extended period. For a teenager this can be a big adjustment from the life they’re used too. To make the transition from home to college the smoothest we’ve come up with our top ten gifts every college student will enjoy!
10. Food Storage Containers– Now this might not be the coolest or most appreciated gift to give but they are a must! Anyone who has lived in a dorm room knows that space is very tight and it’s very important to be organized. Leaving food out in an unorganized manner can be messy and very tempting for a hungry roommate. This is one gift that you will not take for granted!
9. Backpacks and Duffel Bags – When you’re taking a full class load, expect to buy books in all shapes and sizes. Walk to class in style with Russell Athletic Triple play back pack and stick out from the crowd with your own custom logo or name on the front.
8. Custom T-shirts – Is your son or daughter involved in sports, clubs, or the Greek system on campus? Let your college student start the trend with a custom Russell Athletic Men’s NuBlend T-Shirt or a Fruit of the Loom Women’s Heavy Cotton Tee. For some extra flash you can create a design with our trademarked Sparkle Twill!
7. Bike – Need a way to get around a large campus but don’t have the money to gas up and maintain a car? A bike is by far the cheapest and easiest way to get from class to class. Also, no bike purchase is complete without a lock and helmet for safety!
6. Winter Clothing – The last thing a student wants when away from mom for the first time is to catch a bad cold. Stay bundled up this winter in a Russell Athletic Men’s Dri-Powered hooded sweatshirt with a matching acrylic beanie.
5. Snacks – When living off a meal plan that only serves food a couple hours at a time it’s very important to have reserves back at the dorm room. Make your college student feel at home with his or her favorite snacks or microwavable food. Cafeteria food can be very repetitive so anything out of the ordinary is welcomed!
4. Xbox 1 – The quickest and easiest way to become the most popular guy in the dorm is to have an Xbox 1. There’s a lot of down time in college and when the weather gets bad playing video games might be your best option. Just make sure that chemistry project is done first!
3. George Foreman Grill – For lots of teenager’s college is the first place where they regularly cook for themselves. Nothing is better for amateur chefs then the simple and compact George Foreman Grill. With little effort and mess this grill will cook any meat or vegetables to perfection in the comfort of your dorm room.
2. Game Day Blanket – Whether you’re in the bleachers cheering or out tailgating before the game it’s essential to have an extra layer. With our Holloway Tailgate Fleece Blanket you can support your school while keeping yourself and everyone around you warm!
1. Quality Headphones – All over campus you’ll encounter distractions whether it’s your roommate snoring or a loud group of people across the table at the library. To block out these distractions every college student needs a set of noise blocking headphones. A gift like this doesn’t just help you study but could also keep you from hating your college roommate!
The sports world received the news it was waiting for Friday when Lebron James announced he was leaving Miami to return home to Northeast Ohio to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Lebron is an Akron native who had a lifelong dream fulfilled in 2004 when he was drafted number one overall by his hometown Cavaliers. After building a legacy in Cleveland for seven years and continually coming short of winning a championship, a frustrated Lebron took his talents to South Beach where he could team up with All-Stars Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. The Decision to take his talents to South Beach was a major blow to the struggling Midwest City, not just emotionally but financially. King James who is arguably America’s most polarizing and marketable athlete meant the world to Cleveland natives, from the kids who idolized him to the blue collar sports fans that paid their hard earned money to see him perform. When Lebron shocked Cleveland and left for greener pastures it wasn’t just a blow to a proud city’s ego, but it affected the livelihood of many downtown business owners in an already declining city.
After leaving Cleveland, King James elevated his game to a whole other level and was able to reach four straight Finals while winning two championships. In Miami, success came relatively easy with an all-star cast of teammates around him and a Hall of Fame general manager in Pat Riley. Even with all the winning in South Beach it wasn’t quite the same as the scene in Cleveland during their glory days. The Heat fan base didn’t have the same connection with the team as it did in Cleveland. Heat fans are notorious for leaving important games early in order to grab a table at one of the local night clubs. Even with all the Heat’s success during Lebron’s tenure in Miami, he still opted out of his contract after losing to the San Antonio Spurs in the 2014 Finals. The story took an even crazier turn when he turned down the glitz and glam of Miami to return home to the city he hurt so badly just four years earlier.
This story is much bigger than the sport of Basketball; this is a story of how a city helped raise a man who wants more than anything to give back. In America sports have the unique ability to bring together a community in ways few other activities can. This is especially the case in a sports crazed city like Cleveland, where fans have waited decades for a championship trophy. Lebron James had to check his ego when he decided to return home to Cleveland. The Cavs fan base and management openly cursed him and even burned his jerseys after his decision in 2010. However, with time comes forgiveness by both sides and now a super star is looking to rejuvenate the city that he owes all his successes to. Lebron said it best in his announcement to come back to Cleveland, “Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart.”
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we have you covered. We’re highlighting some of our bestselling fan apparel products for women. Your valentine is sure to love the feminine styles and fashionable products that are made with a woman in mind. You won’t find more customizable college women’s apparel, high school fan gear or fan apparel for women anywhere else.
Now she can cover up in the cold and stand out in the crowd at the same time with a custom made fan hoodie. Our ultra-soft and cozy sweatshirts come in an assortment of styles and colors so you can customize the perfect product. Add Sparkle Twill™ embroidery to make any sweatshirt extra special and one-of-a-kind. Any woman would love this personal and thoughtful gift for Valentine’s Day.
Show your special someone how much she is loved with a t-shirt designed by you! Add personal touches such as her name, number and favorite color for a unique Valentine’s Day gift. All of our women’s shirts are crafted with superior fabrics so it’s sure to last season after season. Perfect for game days or just lounging around, our t-shirts are a must have for any woman’s wardrobe.
If your valentine is an active gal or up-to-date with fashion trends, then she’s sure to fall in love with our customizable fan tank tops! You can choose from an assortment of colors and add the design that best fits her style. For a complete look, pair any of our women’s tanks or shirts with a pair of comfortable leggings. Our women’s tanks are a necessity for any team apparel wardrobe. You can even add Sparkle Twill™ embroidery for a more feminine flair!
Our women’s team accessories are a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your sport fanatic. Customize one of our tote bags with her team design and fill it with some of her favorite things for the ultimate Valentine’s Day gift. Keep her warm this winter with a team hat designed by you. You can pick any of our exclusive designs and styles that feature her favorite team’s name. Made from the highest quality, our women’s fan accessories, just like your team pride, will last for seasons to come!