If you’re a parent with kids off at College for the first time Holiday shopping might be a little different this year. Remember this could be the first time your son or daughter is away from home for an extended period. For a teenager this can be a big adjustment from the life they’re used too. To make the transition from home to college the smoothest we’ve come up with our top ten gifts every college student will enjoy!
10. Food Storage Containers– Now this might not be the coolest or most appreciated gift to give but they are a must! Anyone who has lived in a dorm room knows that space is very tight and it’s very important to be organized. Leaving food out in an unorganized manner can be messy and very tempting for a hungry roommate. This is one gift that you will not take for granted!
9. Backpacks and Duffel Bags – When you’re taking a full class load, expect to buy books in all shapes and sizes. Walk to class in style with Russell Athletic Triple play back pack and stick out from the crowd with your own custom logo or name on the front.
8. Custom T-shirts – Is your son or daughter involved in sports, clubs, or the Greek system on campus? Let your college student start the trend with a custom Russell Athletic Men’s NuBlend T-Shirt or a Fruit of the Loom Women’s Heavy Cotton Tee. For some extra flash you can create a design with our trademarked Sparkle Twill!
7. Bike – Need a way to get around a large campus but don’t have the money to gas up and maintain a car? A bike is by far the cheapest and easiest way to get from class to class. Also, no bike purchase is complete without a lock and helmet for safety!
6. Winter Clothing – The last thing a student wants when away from mom for the first time is to catch a bad cold. Stay bundled up this winter in a Russell Athletic Men’s Dri-Powered hooded sweatshirt with a matching acrylic beanie.
5. Snacks – When living off a meal plan that only serves food a couple hours at a time it’s very important to have reserves back at the dorm room. Make your college student feel at home with his or her favorite snacks or microwavable food. Cafeteria food can be very repetitive so anything out of the ordinary is welcomed!
4. Xbox 1 – The quickest and easiest way to become the most popular guy in the dorm is to have an Xbox 1. There’s a lot of down time in college and when the weather gets bad playing video games might be your best option. Just make sure that chemistry project is done first!
3. George Foreman Grill – For lots of teenager’s college is the first place where they regularly cook for themselves. Nothing is better for amateur chefs then the simple and compact George Foreman Grill. With little effort and mess this grill will cook any meat or vegetables to perfection in the comfort of your dorm room.
2. Game Day Blanket – Whether you’re in the bleachers cheering or out tailgating before the game it’s essential to have an extra layer. With our Holloway Tailgate Fleece Blanket you can support your school while keeping yourself and everyone around you warm!
1. Quality Headphones – All over campus you’ll encounter distractions whether it’s your roommate snoring or a loud group of people across the table at the library. To block out these distractions every college student needs a set of noise blocking headphones. A gift like this doesn’t just help you study but could also keep you from hating your college roommate!